Apache UIMA Addons v2.3.1 Release Notes
1. What is the UIMA-Addons package?
2. Major Changes in this Release
3. How to Get Involved
4. How to Report Issues
5. List of JIRA Issues Fixed in this Release
The Apache UIMA addons package is a collection of additional components for the base UIMA release.
The add-on package contains annotator components developed for Apache UIMA. The
add-on package fits the Apache UIMA directory structure and adds a directory
called "addons lib" that contains the following annotator components:
Additionally the package contains some components to package annotators
and for accessing annotators as simple REST service. These are:
- Bean Scripting Framework (BSF) BSFAnnotator
There is an addon to the base UIMA:
Each component has a separate LICENSE and NOTICE files; some also
have Readme and other documentation (in docs/). Documentation
is also available on the UIMA website, in the Sandbox area.
The following components were added in this release:
The following are the main changes to existing components:
- AlchemyAPI Annotator - is an annotator wrapping alchemyapi.com services providing named entity extraction,
keyword/concept tagging, etc.
- Solrcas - is a CAS Consumer component that can store CAS objects into an Apache Solr instance
- TikaAnnotator - now using Apache Tika 0.7 instead of 0.4, language extracted by Tika goes inside CAS
- Lucas - now using Apache Lucene 2.9.3
- Tagger - added an AnalysisEngine to train HMM Tagger models
- OpenCalaisAnnotator - fixed negative begin/end values bug
- Generally fixed URI/space handling
The Apache UIMA project really needs and appreciates any contributions,
including documentation help, source code and feedback. If you are interested
in contributing, please visit
The Apache UIMA project uses JIRA for issue tracking. Please report any
issues you find at
Click issuesFixed/jira-report.hmtl or
Jira for the list of issues fixed in this release.